Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mothers Day

I know, I know, I'm late again!  I wanted to post about Mothers Day, and was super busy these past couple of weeks so here it is.....LATE!  I hope all of the mommies out there had a FAB Mothers Day!!  I'm so excited about the gift I had my kiddos make and just wanted to share it with other teachers.

If there is one thing out there that ALL moms like...what would it be?  RECIPES!!!  When my sister was in Pre-K, her class made a recipe book for my mom, and my mom STILL has it!  And guess what, SHE STILL USES IT!! Sooooo, (sneaky Ms. Svetina) tricked the parents!  Ok, so they probably knew.  But I'm pretending they didn't.  I sent out a letter with a really cute template my 1st grade teammate and I Maria made asking for their FAVORITE recipe.  EASY!! I made a really cute cover on cardstock and laminated it.  The back cover (also on cardstock) said, "Meet the Illustrator".  I put each child's picture on it and they wrote about themselves.  It was PRESH!  


Once they were in spirals, I had them illustrate each page.  Let me warn you, this takes a little bit of time.  I am a perfectionist, and I wanted each picture to actually look like the product.  I recommend starting the illustrating a week in advance.  Just do like 3 or 4 a day.  I literally was giving art lessons, but they turned out AWESOME!  



I can't include all the recipes because they have names on them, but it turned out awesome!  I'll post a sample of the "Meet the Illustrator" page tomorrow.. Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment